The saga continues. Sweet Thing is as excited about this trip as I am. There is so much to see in Vietnam, most of which I could not even think of when last there ... mid-June until mid-July 2010. When I was last there the mercury crept well up into the 40's and it was very humid. Now it runs in the late teens to early twenties ... perfect ST weather. She is pleased about only having to pack summer clothes. She found the carrying of multi-season clothing to Europe for 4 weeks was a nuisance.

Monday, November 29, 2010

When in Vietnam

The balance of that adage ... "do as the Sweet Thing does". There is just too much going on here, I need to do what she did ... buy another bag and check two instead of one on the way home next week. I bought some stuff for the younger generation but will buy some more. I went for steak again around the corner to a joint I noticed during one of my walks. It was OK, not remarkable, and another place to add to my list of establishments I will go to once.

On the way home, I stopped and got some ice cream. I bought two cups and gave one to the front desk attendant. They always get up when someone walks in and I always motion them to sit down. The ladies behind the ice cream display case just giggled, and each time one of their eyes met mine, they would quickly turn their heads towards one another and break into mucho-giggling. There is a lot of that around Hanoi when they feast their eyes upon foreigner-type like yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment