I headed out to the old quarter about 4 Saturday afternoon. I had trouble getting money out of a few bank machines but an ANZ ATM finally coughed up the goods. I walked for a few hours, and as I am sure the Sweet Thing would agree, there is only one word to describe this part of Hanoi ... WOW. It is everything one could possibly expect in Asia. I picked up some DVDs for the young Abbey types. I love the way there are DVDs here for all 10 seasons of Seinfeld. There were only 9 :). You name it ... TV shows galore all the way from 24 to Friends to One Nut House to ... you name it. The bundles of seasons of the TV stuff run from about $10 to $25 for something like "Frasier Complete" or "CSI" seasons 1-7. According to Bakes, this is just the way this stuff is priced and packaged in Asia.
I hopped a motorcycle taxi back to Hai Ba Trung and quaffed an ale with some ribs at AlFresco's. I had a nice chat with the manager, an Aussie named Simon. He loves working here and the money is great. I walked back to the Silver and watched Arsenal play Aston Villa at 7 and that was neat. I was going to watch ManU at 10 but could not stay awake.
I woke up Sunday about 8 and walked downstairs for breakfast as the elevator was on the fritz. I watched the Sens shutout the Laughs and will head downstairs soon to work for a while on my documentation for MOF. I am going to walk a bit this PM and will head out of the Silver and go left instead of right as I always go when bound for Hai Ba Trung street. There is a neat area I would like to see more of in that direction. I have 7 more days of work at MOF and will be petitioning for another tech contract for the future. ST wants to come back to Vietnam since, just like every other ferenge who lands here, she loved Vietnam.
No comments:
Post a Comment