I love the room. Chest of drawers ... what a concept. I slept well (wish those sleeping habits could rub off on my Sweet Thing), and breakfast was nice. I sat outside in the cafe for quite a while last night watching videos, chatting on IM with Suresh and Andrew, and taking in the ambiance. I have a 24x7 reservation for the table and chairs on Phan Chu Trinh.
The drainage for the shower was a little odd. The bathroom floor is sloped a bit and there is a lip on the tiles to direct the water towards a drain. Never seen that before :). The end table beside the bed is so close to the bed you cannot open the closet doors enough. Small details ... a lovely spot and I know I will be comfortable here. My ST lands in Ottawa in just over an hour. Work then World Bank meeting at 4PM and a light dinner tonight maybe at the hotel before an evening stroll. There was some grinding that started next door about 7 but did not last long. I was very impressed that Mr. Bien mentioned something to me about it.
Of course the huste bustle of Hanoi is omni-present on this street, a little different flavour of what was going on on Cat Linh by the Horison.
No comments:
Post a Comment