The saga continues. Sweet Thing is as excited about this trip as I am. There is so much to see in Vietnam, most of which I could not even think of when last there ... mid-June until mid-July 2010. When I was last there the mercury crept well up into the 40's and it was very humid. Now it runs in the late teens to early twenties ... perfect ST weather. She is pleased about only having to pack summer clothes. She found the carrying of multi-season clothing to Europe for 4 weeks was a nuisance.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Polite and courteous to the max

Just as I noticed last time I was in Vietnam, the service staff are well-dressed, polite, eager-to-please, and just such a pleasure to interact with. We are heading out shortly and the first stop is the hotel front desk. The staff in the hotel are dressed immaculately, as were the flight attendants coming from Tokyo to HCM. They take such pride in the way they look, and the women's hair is rolled up in a very tight bun, with not a hair out of the cluster :). ANA, the carrier from Tokyo, is part of Star Alliance so we get air miles all the way here, and 2/3 of the way back.

We will soon be millionaires ... every 50 dollars we take out is about 1,000,000 VND. Paddy, I hope you enjoy reading this BLOG as much as I do writing it. I had trouble hooking the Eepc up to the wireless here but, as I noticed when in Uganda, the iPad hooks up bada-bing bada-boom. In Kampala I had to go through an elaborate setup with fixed IP addresses to use the work internet. With the iPad it just hooked up with no intervention ... the promises Apple made about easy network connectivity sure seem to be my experience so far with this apparatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment