The saga continues. Sweet Thing is as excited about this trip as I am. There is so much to see in Vietnam, most of which I could not even think of when last there ... mid-June until mid-July 2010. When I was last there the mercury crept well up into the 40's and it was very humid. Now it runs in the late teens to early twenties ... perfect ST weather. She is pleased about only having to pack summer clothes. She found the carrying of multi-season clothing to Europe for 4 weeks was a nuisance.
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Hoi An to Hanoi
We packed and did further prep for the next leg of the trip. The weather was probably the worst it has been all week. Even I had to retrieve a jacket from my luggage that I had already packed. We had lunch at the hotel then grabbed a cab to the Da Nang airport. The front desk told us it would be about $20 by cab and it was close to that. The cabbie asked for 500,000 VND even though the meter said 393,000 and there was a 15,000 fee we had to cover. I gave him 410,000 which was a whopping 10 cent tip which is more than he deserved for that stunt. We are sitting at the airport soon to board VN 310 to Hanoi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment