The saga continues. Sweet Thing is as excited about this trip as I am. There is so much to see in Vietnam, most of which I could not even think of when last there ... mid-June until mid-July 2010. When I was last there the mercury crept well up into the 40's and it was very humid. Now it runs in the late teens to early twenties ... perfect ST weather. She is pleased about only having to pack summer clothes. She found the carrying of multi-season clothing to Europe for 4 weeks was a nuisance.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Not quite

Even though it has not been confirmed, the weather here is noticeably hotter than I had expected. I thought it would be high teens or early twenties but it is more like late 20's by midday. It is definitely a lot more bearable than the overwhelming heat from June/July.

Work was good the first day yesterday; had a few meetings and working on a more detailed workplan. It is due to Mr. Tuan Anh by noon. I have three or four main tasks over the next 19 working days and some of it strays into functional areas of the Applications which is good.

We headed out after work last night around 6:30 and cabbed it to the Hilton. We walked briefly then went to the Press Club for dinner. It was a western meal at a western price. We walked for some time after dinner, passing swarms of people camped out at the sidewalk food emporiums, perched on their little blue and red plastic chairs. As usual the activity outside these establishments was feverish. It's very nice out this AM, with a cloud cover protecting the city from the intense heat that could build as the day progresses ... maybe "intense" is not the right word if it's late 20's rather than mid 40's I experienced last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment