I headed into the office for 8'ish and left my Sweet Thing contemplating catching up on her sleep. She eventually headed out and met Junie for one last dash around this lovely berg. She picked up a carry-on suitcase to lower the stress on her baggage as she picked up quite a bit of stuff while in Vietnam. I lunched at I Love Friday, now a consummate professional at ordering off the triangular plastic menu with the specials listed.
I made arrangements with Mr. Tuan Anh and Trang to meet with Sandy and I in the Horison lobby about 5PM. We did just tht and chatted for an hour or so over some Bia Hanoi. Sweet Thing ordered a vodka martini and, just as we had experienced at the Holiday Villa in Halong Bay, something arrived that did not even resemble what was requested. She sent it back and got a vodka with orange juice. We freshened up then waited for Junie to arrive for our dinner date. We headed out into the old quarter, right past the World Bank and a little further. We ended up at a seafood place that also did foot massage (a nice combination as long as not done by Raymond). We had the yummy garlic-laced green veggies, shrimp, clams, and finally crab. Sweet Thing loved it and I chowed down towards the end on rice (as usual).
Junie spent a long time dissecting every morsel of shell on the crab and seemed like a little girl in a candy store she enjoyed herself so much. We cabbed to the lake for a walk after dinner but it started to rain so we went back to the Horison.
I decided to check on ST's 11:25AM flight and found it was changed to 10:25 (just like mine has been for the 8th of December). There was no email notification sent for this change as there was for mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment