I find it a balmy 20 or so degrees today in Hanoi. It is windy and overcast making it, for me, a perfect opportunity to enjoy the summer weather. On the other hand, the locals find it uncomfortably cold. Junie showed up for work today complaining about the temperature. She was amused when we went on her motorcycle for dinner last night that I was still in shorts and a t-shirt even when it's winter. On the way to work there were people all bundled up in winter garb and some of the little people on the back of the motorcycle with a parent were wearing gloves as well.
We went to a spot near the Hanoi Towers that serves food from the Hue region in central Vietnam about 179 km from Da Nang. While we were in Hoi An there were companies offering overnight trips to see Hue, the old capital of Vietnam until 1945 when a communist government moved it to Hanoi. The food was quite spicy. There was a suggestion of something with eel in it that I vetoed. We went for ice-cream on the lake after dinner, a spot she mentioned ST and her liked when they were together.
I will probably head out to the old quarter for dinner tonight, taking advantage of the ideal November weather. It is a far cry from the -3 my Sweet Thing will enjoy in Ottawa mid-day Thursday, 12 hours from now. I spoke to Ben today and he is madly preparing for the move on the weekend. I spoke to Dizzy yesterday and she is pondering the final version of where and what she will do when she leaves Seoul in February or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment