The saga continues. Sweet Thing is as excited about this trip as I am. There is so much to see in Vietnam, most of which I could not even think of when last there ... mid-June until mid-July 2010. When I was last there the mercury crept well up into the 40's and it was very humid. Now it runs in the late teens to early twenties ... perfect ST weather. She is pleased about only having to pack summer clothes. She found the carrying of multi-season clothing to Europe for 4 weeks was a nuisance.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Too many posts?

My lovely Sweet Thing was teasing me for 2 weeks about how I make too many posts to the BLOG. I am not sure how to quantify "too many" ... you? I split from work about 5:30 and cabbed it to the Silver. I got the royal treatment when I arrived from Mr. Bien and Ms. Vu. Junie was in her 17th outfit of the day I am sure. The room is sweet and there is lots of storage space which my ST would appreciate. I walked down Phun Chi Trinh and stopped in at Snowz steak house for dinner. It was fine and the bill was ~30 USD. The meat was wonderful though there was little of it. I noticed the Nam Phuong, a high-end local food emporium on the corner one block away too. I also turned down an alley sort of across from the Hilton and found the Italian joint I had been to with Bruce and Ronald the night after I first arrived here in June.

The streets were bustling though they were not as abundant with eaters perched on blue chairs as the area around the Horison I was in for 4 weeks between these two missions. I watched some table tennis and gymnastics while chowing down at Snowz. I almost have my bearings with where some stuff is around here. I have to navigate to the Hanoi Towers area of the city which I know is not far. If I take a wrong turn I will end up in Taiwan :). I spent the day madly working away on my first essay (documentation) for MOF. They love to read my musings on Oracle and ingest my advice.

I spoke to Lina Dorsey today on IM ... I love that lady. She is kindred spirits. I remember when we first met, I did not have a clue what her name was. It reminds me of Jerry's girlfriend whose name he could not remember. He would say "Oh .... you" instead of trying to guess her name. He knew her name rhymed with a part of the female body but was NOT Mulvah, Libia, or Vi. So I used to mumble Ileana's name when I needed to refer to her, sort of something like "Ivsha" pronounced very softly with a slur so nobody could figure out what an idiot I was having so much trouble with I L E A N A.

Ian and Bkkkky especially would appreciate this and probably Rick as well ... I pass a store today named Bossco ... you got it ... George's secret code plus an extra "S". We have also seen Sandy Shoes and I am sure if I look far enough I would see Vandelay Architects there are so many many many stores in this shtetl. My World Bank meeting was postponed until tomorrow. I have a meeting prior to that with the folks from IBM. I asked Junie Vu about going to see some music one of these nights.

I am going to take my iPad and Sony headphones downstairs and sit outside in the little SIlver cafe and watch the Sopranos. Vito has just got caught at a gay bar and is starting his trek into the wilds of New Jersey to figure out if he stands a chance of not getting whacked by Phil now that his secret is out. I also watched the Voice and George is the ultimate disdain of his soon-to-be ex-colleagues at Play It Now sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment