The saga continues. Sweet Thing is as excited about this trip as I am. There is so much to see in Vietnam, most of which I could not even think of when last there ... mid-June until mid-July 2010. When I was last there the mercury crept well up into the 40's and it was very humid. Now it runs in the late teens to early twenties ... perfect ST weather. She is pleased about only having to pack summer clothes. She found the carrying of multi-season clothing to Europe for 4 weeks was a nuisance.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The next adventure please

Work was work today. I busily worked away on a document about system handover to the client. I am back at the hotel, having been taken for my first "ride" by a cabbie. I am heading out, confidently turning right out of the hotel, then left on Ly Thieng Kat and up to the Hanoi Towers. I will buy something for someone in Ottawa then find a place for dinner.

I touched base with my Sweet Thing who is back in Ottawa. That sure was magic having the time together for my first 15 days in Vietnam. I am lunching tomorrow with Shankha from IBM and have no plans whatsoever for the weekend. I may get together with JV if she is around. Go Sens Go ... 7-1 for the Canes ... please :). Why can't they just lose instead of blowing it so badly. Defense ... that means?? Did I mention I am loving my new digs. There is so much more to do on Phan Chu Trinh than there was on Cat Linh. I am starting my Thursday trek with my favourite Bia Hanoi in the lobby.

The sun is now always down when I get out of the office as I have been asked to stay until 5:30. This will add even more excitement to the weekend when I will get to see Hanoi during daylight hours. It is about 20 degrees now and I am lovin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment