My last 5 days in a whirlwind tour of Vietnam that started a way back when on October 31 when ST and I flew to Ho Chi Minh City. It seems like so long ago. I find that most of the time ... looking back on stuff that happened a mere 5 weeks ago seems like so long. I had dinner with Junie on Wednesday evening. We headed the opposite way from the hotel than I am used to going. We ventured down a small street and parked. There was a choice of three lovely-looking spots and she told me to choose one.
Dinner was great then back to the hotel. I spent time again in my office and watched some Sopranos. Thursday at the office was a day at the office. Mr. Tuan Anh, Ms. Trang, and Mr. Minh/Hanh went for lunch. Ms. Trang mentioned we would leave early (11) since this was a very popular spot. I told her about one I have been to near the Hanoi Towers that also gets very busy. I could not explain to her well enough exactly where it was. I said I headed down the street at the back of the office, veered right as I approached Hai Ba Trung, but instead of turning, went straight and the place was at the first corner on the right. So we headed down the street at the back of the office, veered right as we approached Hai Ba Trung, but instead of turning, went straight and stopped at a place at the first corner on the right. What a small town :). Lunch was traditional and I did find lots to eat.
I did nada Thursday after work, ordering take away delivery from AlFrescos. Bien and I watched Vietnam and Mayanmar play football at 7:30. Vietnam was too strong, and it ended up 7-1 in their favour. I walked for quite some time at lunch today, and ended up in some familiar but strange territory north and a bit east of the office. Weekend plans are probably Ho Chi Minh tomb in AM with Van Anh Vu and shopping. I am looking for DVDs of the following persuasion:
- Weeds (never heard of that)
- Big Love
- One Nut House (everyone else calls it One Tree Hill)
- Planet Earth
- Blue Planet
- Seinfeld Complete
for the little ones. I chatted with the manager at I Love Friday over lunch today. She told me her theory on the difference between westernized and real Vietnamese food ... in the west they add sugar and salt so we will like it. Interesting take! I guess if we did not eat so much, especially with less sweetener and NaCl, we would be in a lot better shape as a whole.
No comments:
Post a Comment