The final few days did not dissapoint. There was a meeting with Mr. Tri Monday at 2, also attended by many familiar faces. We discussed the work I had been doing, the accomplishments and then the remaining challenges. They had a presentation for me at the 2'oclock meeting which was very nice. Mr. Tri thanked me for everything. I was thanked for the contributions I had made by all my hard work, which was appreciated by yours truly.
Monday I was at work later than usual. One of the reports I had written for them ... ooops, they forgot to tell me something that had HUGE impact on what I wrote. The new tidbit of information was delivered and we all realized about 20% of what I had written was now inapplicable. There were a few discussions and plans were made for me to "pick up the pieces" and redo that portion Tuesday AM.
I called Van Anh (Vietnamese for "Junie") cause I knew she was waiting for me at the hotel to head off to Pink Silk for the ST. She suggested we meet and go at 8:30. I got back to the hotel and she showed up shortly thereafter. Pink was closed!!! She suggested trying to find the Vuitton paraphernalia elsewhere. Sounds good to me. She was not optimistic that we would find as good quality anywhere else but agreed to try. Does Van Anh know her stuff or what :). We gave up after visiting four places.
Next stop was a running shoe expedition for Jamie M. He wanted size 45 preferably Nike Air with lots of colour. We found a suitable candidate but she only had 44 after all. I then realized that we would have problems finding anything over 44 ... just like their body type being so petite, Vietnamese mainly have very petite feet (hey that rhymes) too. The same story was received at a few more stores. We did find something good but it was 1,200,000 VND and I was not sure if Jamie wanted to spend $60. Junie and I made plans to go to Pink Silk during my lunch break Tuesday. Junie then dropped me at the hotel. I sat briefly in my office-patio and crashed.
Today I madly worked on the changes to my report and informed Ms. Trang that I was running out somewhere at noon. We met as planned, and picked up two bags for ST ... interesting how the price with and without Junie can differ by almost 35%. I got a brown and a tan bag Junie mentioned ST had seen the tan item and commented how nice it would look an someone a Junie's age (12) so I hope it is OK. I worked until 5'ish then TA and Ms. Trang walked me out of the building.
This evening was dinner with Junie, and like all our outings, it was full of chit-chat and mucho enjoyment. We went to a buffet and ferenge ate too much. I think Junie ate twice her body weight. ST commented what a good eater that little dolly is at her efarewell dinner November 15:).When I returned to the hotel I had my final evening visit with the boys, beer, and peanuts. We watched Singapore beat Mayanmar in the AFF Suzuki cup. We made plans to stay up until 2:45 and watch ManU and Madrid play football (Champions League) but only lasted until 11.
No comments:
Post a Comment