The saga continues. Sweet Thing is as excited about this trip as I am. There is so much to see in Vietnam, most of which I could not even think of when last there ... mid-June until mid-July 2010. When I was last there the mercury crept well up into the 40's and it was very humid. Now it runs in the late teens to early twenties ... perfect ST weather. She is pleased about only having to pack summer clothes. She found the carrying of multi-season clothing to Europe for 4 weeks was a nuisance.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Excitement mounts ...

D minus 21 hours. The first leg is simply to Toronto so that will be easy. We are all packed and dreaming about the trip. I can only sum up my excitement with two words ... "Sweet Thing".

My going to Ethiopia to work for 7.5 months ... INTERESTING
Our 3 week holiday in Italy in 2007 .. HUGE
Our NYC for the weekend of our 5th wedding anniversary ... LOVELY
2.5 weeks in Vietnam with ST ... PRICELESS

The final details arrived from Cindy today and we have a yellow folder we will carry around with us with the paper copies of just about everything we will be doing. When in Italy in 2007 we had such material in a yellow binder that I lost in Florence. It eventually turned up in the back compartment of my large knapsack; hence the Vietnam trip must use a yellow container in memory of that debacle.

2 comments:

  1. Hope both of you have a wonderful trip., and don't lose the yellow container...

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps a couple of photocopies in various bags are in order?!

    ReplyDelete